WHO warned on Omicron Variant: Have a Quick Look on Fact sheet; Nov 30, 2021
WHO warned on Omicron Variant: Have a Quick Look on Factsheet
WHO gave statement on new Virus Variant:”The heavily mutated Omicron coronavirus variant is likely to spread internationally and poses a very high risk of infection surges that could have “severe consequences” in some places”.
According to one top infectious disease expert, existing COVID-19 vaccines are probably effective at preventing severe disease and hospitalization. Still it is not clear about the end result of the infections even after vaccination.
A List of Latest Changes Made by Countries across the Globe:
- Austria has identified a first case of Omicron, the health ministry of the Alpine province of Tyrol said on Monday.
- Singapore and Malaysia likely to close the boarders again due to the New Variant.
- Australia would delay the reopening of its international border by two weeks after reporting its first cases of the variant.
- Scotland likely to impose strict restrictions on travelling as reported 6+ cases of Omicron.
- Portugal detected 13 cases of the Omicron variant on Monday, all involving players and staff members of Lisbon soccer club Belenenses SAD after one player recently returned from South Africa, health authority DGS said.
- U.K. had earlier announced three cases of the variant.
- Netherlands reported 13 cases of Omicron among passengers on two flights from South Africa that arrived on Friday.
- Germany came out with 2 cases of variant.
- Italy reported a single case where a person came from Mozambique.
- Israel on Saturday became the first country to shut its borders completely in response to Omicron.
- U.S. advised against travel to eight southern African countries.
- The White House earlier said it would bar nearly all foreign nationals who have been in any of eight countries within the last 14 days from flying to the United States effective Monday.
- India will make on-arrival COVID-19 testing mandatory for air travellers from more than a dozen countries, including South Africa and Britain where the Omicron variant has been detected, the health ministry said on Monday.
- Brazil will shut its borders to travellers arriving from six southern African countries.
- Canada is closing its borders to foreign travellers who have recently been to seven southern African nations to help stop the spread of Omicron.
Take a look and do trade wisely!