Thursday Briefing: From DXY to Latest Russia – Ukraine Conflicts; June 30, 2022
US Dollar Index Overview
- The DXY falls slightly during U.S. session as U.S. released key economic data will flat to negative numbers.
- The intraday high is 105.54 and low at 104.88 mark.
- A day Chart and H1 chart with triple EMA suggest up trend for the time being.
- Immediate hurdles are seen at 105.55 to 105.10 mark.
- A sustained close of either side on H1 chart requires for the further directions of the U.S. dollar.
Key Headlines for the FX market:
- The son and namesake of late dictator Ferdinand Marcos was sworn in as president of the Philippines, completing a stunning comeback for one of Asia’s most famous political dynasties, 36 years after it was ousted in a popular uprising.
- Hong Kong has overcome its challenges and “risen from the ashes”, China’s President Xi Jinping said, as he arrived in the former British colony to celebrate 25 years since its return to Chinese rule.
- Japan’s electricity grid creaked under the strain of Tokyo’s hottest June since records began, but a power crunch that could have deprived tens of millions of electricity was narrowly averted and authorities prepared to lift warnings.
- Israeli lawmakers voted to dissolve parliament following the collapse of Prime Minister Naftali Bennett’s ruling coalition, opening the way for a November 1 election that will be Israel’s fifth in less than four years.
- European Central Bank policymakers put on a brave face at their annual gathering in the hills above the Portuguese capital and forecast further economic expansion despite looming gas shortages, but in private conversations recession fears were increasingly dominant.
- The European Union will today seek agreement on ground-breaking rules for regulating crypto assets as the rout in bitcoin piles pressure on authorities to rein in the sector. Here’s how investors can deal with crypto turbulence.
Latest updates on Russia – Ukraine Conflicts:
Keep an eye open for the latest news and fundamentals affecting the FX markets.
Take a look and do trade wisely!