Monday Briefing: From DXY to Latest Russia – Ukraine Conflicts; Aug 01, 2022
US Dollar Index Overview
- The DXY trades marginally lower on Monday and stabilizes around 105.50 mark.
- It made intraday high at 105.99 and low at 105.33 mark.
- A day Chart is up and H1 chart with triple EMA suggests down trend for the time being.
- Immediate hurdles are seen at 105.90 to 105.30 mark.
- A sustained close of either side on H1 chart requires for the further directions of the U.S. dollar.
Key Headlines for the FX market:
- U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi kicked off a closely watched Asia tour on Monday in Singapore as China warned that its military would never “sit idly by” if she were to visit Taiwan, the self-ruled island claimed by Beijing.
- The U.S. official mediating a maritime border dispute between Lebanon and Israel said on Monday he remained optimistic about making progress towards a deal and looked forward to returning to the region to make a “final arrangement”.
- Bulgarian President Rumen Radev set Oct. 2 as the date for the country’s fourth parliamentary election in less than two years on Monday, after the collapse in June of reformist Prime Minister Kiril Petkov’s coalition government.
Latest updates on Russia – Ukraine Conflicts:
- Russian lawmakers on Monday introduced a bill to the lower house of the country’s parliament banning the adoption of Russian children by citizens of “unfriendly countries”.
- ship carrying grain left the Ukrainian port of Odesa for Lebanon on Monday under a safe passage agreement, Ukrainian and Turkish officials said, the first departure since the Russian invasion blocked shipping through the Black Sea five months ago.
- Ukraine has received more German and U.S.-made multiple rocket launcher systems, part of a series of deliveries of the high-precision heavy weapons promised by its allies, its defence minister said on Monday.
- News that his ship would be allowed to leave the Ukrainian port of Odesa carrying grain was the “best feeling” of the year, a joyful crew member said on Monday, adding he was worried about mines.
Keep an eye open for the latest news and fundamentals affecting the FX markets.
Take a look and do trade wisely!