Gold Touches $1,980 mark Ahead of U.S. PPI data, $10+ Volatility Likely During Fundamental News: April 13, 2022
U.S. PPI & Core PPI Data
Today U.S. has scheduled to release PPI, Core PPI data at 1230 GMT/1800 IST. It’s a leading indicator of consumer inflation – when producers charge more for goods and services the higher costs are usually passed on to the consumer. Food and energy prices make up about 40% of overall PPI which tends to mute the importance of the Core data.
Let’s see how Gold has reacted during the previous data release:
Let’s check out key headlines from Russia –Ukraine:
- Russia has yet to slow a Western arms express into Ukraine.
- Ukraine President Zelenskyy says this is clear terror against civilian population.
- Ukraine President Zelenskiy says Ukraine should get ‘EUcandidate’ status.
- Ukraine President Zelenskyy says instruments need to be found to pressure Russia to stop forcibly deporting Ukrainians.
- Ukraine President Zelenskyy says sanctions on Russia need to continue, it’s the only instrument that could force Russia to peace.
- Over 1,000 Ukrainian soldiers surrender in Mariupol, says Russia.
- US prepares massive new surge of military aid to Ukraine.
- US likely to announce $750 million new military aid for Ukraine, reports ANI.
- Putin vows to press invasion until Russia’s goals are met, reports AP.
- China’s Jan-March overall trade with Russia rises 28% to $38.2 billion, reports Reuters.
- Biden says Putin trying to ‘wipe out idea of even being Ukrainian’, reports AP.
source: Times of india
- Gold appreciates on Wednesday and touches $1,779 mark in European hours.
- Today pair made intraday high at $1,979 and low at $1,962 mark.
- A triple EMA on a day chart and H1 chart suggest up trend for the time being.
- A sustained close above $1,978 on H1 chart requires for the upside rally.
- Alternatively, a consistent close below $1,961 will check further supports.
Take a look and do trade wisely!