A Daily Outlook: BTC/USD; June 23, 2022
Top 5 Headlines on Digital Currency:
- Input Output Global (IOG) has announced a one-month delay to the long-awaited Vasil upgrade. Input Output Global (IOG), the blockchain engineering firm behind the Cardano network has delayed the long-awaited Vasil upgrade by one month pushing its release to the last week of July.
- SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce in a recent interview with Forbes said that she did not support bailouts for cryptocurrency companies. She added that the absence of a bailout mechanism in crypto was “one of the strengths of that marketplace,” implying the crypto market has some ability to self-regulate.
- Solend, a decentralized lending protocol on the Solana network, narrowly avoided having 95% of its SOL deposits being liquidated
- According to a recent press release Polygon claimed to have achieved carbon neutrality by collaborating with KlimaDAO. The Polygon ecosystem reportedly retired $400,000 in carbon credits to offset greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Bank of International Settlements’ (BIS) annual economic report has revealed that around 90% of central banks worldwide have been investigating the feasibility of adopting CBDCs. The BIS report highlighted the ability of current sovereign fiat money to provide price stability amidst crypto market carnage.
- Global Bitcoin self-mining company, Bitfarms, has sold roughly $62 million worth of Bitcoin to “rebalance its indebtedness by reducing its BTC-backed credit facility with Galaxy Digital.”
- Blockfi and major crypto exchange FTX have agreed on a deal worth $250 million. The agreement will provide Blockfi with a credit facility to help the company solidify its balance sheets amid harsh market conditions.
- The BTC trades in narrow range and remains well supported above $20,000 mark.
- The pair made intraday high at $20,636 and low at $19,869 mark.
- Today a day chart and H1 chart with triple EMA suggest down trend for the time being.
- A sustained close above $21,200 on H1 chart requires for the upside rally.
- Alternatively, a consistent close below $20,100 on H1 chart requires for the downside rally.
Take a look and do trade wisely!